By applying the following tips you can improve your immune function.
* Take measures to reduce the level of stress in your life. Exercise and proper diet are of utmost importance for stress management. Therapies such as biofeedback, massage, meditation, counseling, aromatherapy, yoga, acupuncture, and chiropractic are very beneficial in treating stress. Nutrition to support the effects of stress should include adrenal gland support.
* Make sure you get plenty of sleep and take time for relaxing activities. A good sleep cycle is to be asleep before 10:00 and to wake up before 6:00, getting 8 hours of sleep. We have many supplements to support a good night sleep.
* Change your diet so you are eating clean. Eating “clean” means elimination of processed foods, fast foods, junk foods, soda, excess alcohol and caffeine, and nonorganic produce, meats and dairy. These types of foods and drinks are laden with chemical additives, colorings, artificial sweeteners, and highly processed sweeteners like high fructose corn syrup, herbacides, and pesticides, which impair the body’s detoxification systems. Instead, our diets should include foods high in antioxidants, such as organic berries and brightly pigmented produce, and cruciferous vegetables, which contain a toxin-fighting compound called sulforaphane. You should also eat organic poultry, pastured raised beef, wild caught fish and organic eggs, which provide liver supportive amino acids. Beans, legumes and gluten-free whole grains to provide fiber to cleanse toxins from the colon. Healthy fats, such as organic olive oil and coconut oil, which promote cellular energy production in the liver. Eliminate trans fats and artificial sugars.
*Take digestive enzymes to regain normal digestion, which has been impaired from eating cooked and processed foods. We have methods testing the body to find very specific enzymes for the individual patient’s needs. Plant enzymes can be obtained naturally by eating raw kale, broccoli and other dark green vegetables. Even lightly steaming will destroy the enzymes.
* Make sure you are eliminating toxins from your body through your bowels. A bowel movement should occur in the morning, and after every meal. We have products that help with constipation, colon cleansing, colon tonification, colon healing, repair leaky gut, and normalize bowel transit time and help reduce the amount of toxins in your body. Repairing the bowel is essential in autoimmune conditions.
* Support the bowel with probiotics to help restore the normal microbiome (flora). We carry many probiotics, and by testing the body we can find the correct one for your bowel. Probiotics come naturally by eating raw vegetables. They should not be overly cleaned, which would destroy the probiotic healthy organisms on the plants that are needed for a healthy bowel microflora. C-section newborns will need a probiotic with Bifidobacter infantis.
* Assist your liver and kidneys in eliminating waste by drinking the juice of a lemon with a 16 oz glass of purified water first thing in the morning at least a half hour before drinking or eating anything else. We also have drainage remedy products to assist the detoxing of these organs.
* Consume foods and supplements that naturally chelate and remove chemical and heavy metal toxins. These include cilantro, chlorella, Atlantic dulse(seaweed), barley grass juice, spirulina, and quality meat protein containing essential amino acids (Atlantic Cod and Alaskan wild caught Salmon). We provide supplements that assist the body in removal of toxins.
* Take whole food vitamin C complex supplements containing all the components, including bioflavonoids daily.
* Taking additional complex homeopathic remedies, herbal remedies, and emotional remedies to assist the immune system and compliment the nutritional supplements.
* Eliminating moderate to severe food sensitivities. These foods are the ones you typically crave and eat often. The most common are highly processed and GMO carbohydrates including grains and simple sugars (wheat, rye, corn, soy, rice, corn sugar, cane sugar, beet sugar), processed and pasteurized(high heat) dairy products, eggs, and tree nuts. The digestive enzymes previously mentioned are also necessary for food sensitivities. They can be taken with food preparations that may contain the above foods, for example eating at restaurants when it is difficult to know what is in the food, or between meals to help with the inflammatory immune reaction to the foods causing any of the “itis” diagnosis and/or autoimmune diagnosis.
* Minimize foods and drinks that acidify the body (ask for our chart). Reduce or eliminate depending on the severity of the immune deficiency, coffee, alcohol, dairy products, red meats and refined carbohydrates such as white sugar, white flour and white rice.
* Drink plenty of water. Your body needs 1 quart of water per 50 pounds of body weight to function at an optimal level. The best drinking water is spring water. We recommend the water be in glass bottles rather than plastic. We prefer Mountain Valley Spring Water. The best bottled spring water, if you buy plastic bottles is Evian and Volvic Spring. If you are drinking RO water, filter replacement must be kept up and the filter system handled and cleaned properly. Contamination with fungus and bacteria is common. RO water does not have minerals and is not at the proper pH. You must add Celtic sea salt or an organic alkaline juice, like fresh squeezed lemon or lime to the water. Do not drink distilled water, city tap water, or well water not tested.
* Don’t eat on the run or bolt your food down. Take the time to eat slowly and thoroughly. Chewing your food allows your saliva to further alkalinize your food and stimulates the production of digestive enzymes. Many people have stressed parotid glands. This salivary gland can be supported with nutrition to regain function. The parotid gland is also very involved in helping the body detox toxic chemicals and heavy metals. This gland is often worn out from trying to handle the heavy burden of toxins we are exposed to.
* Most importantly, get adjusted with Activator Methods Technique to remove all nervous system interference resulting from subluxations caused by: the birthing process, past traumatic injury, repetitive injury, postural stress, emotional stress, surgical procedures, environmental and food additive neurotoxins.
By diligently following the above tips and taking the supplements we recommend, you will be strengthening your immune system and greatly improve your health.